Thursday, December 22, 2005

Bible Cliff Notes

Last year I read/listened to the Bible. I continue to go back and re-read and consider and ponder. I am undeniably thirsty for the Word of God. However, I realize that it IS challenging to read the entire Bible, much less comprehend all of it. I’m certainly feeling challenged (yet invigorated) with that task!

I recently read the scripture versus Matthew 22:37-40 and considered them carefully. Although it does not satisfy my thirst for more, it’s almost like “Bible Cliff Notes”. If you apply this concept to everything you think, say and do, it seems to me that you’ll have a good grasp on the overall goal. Unfortunately it’s all so much easier to read than to do.

Don’t let this satisfy your thirst, but do your best to let it guide your day.

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ 42 This is the first and greatest commandment. 43 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 44 All the other commandments and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

I pray that we will love God and others as a first priority of our life. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Barb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home