Thursday, December 29, 2005

The "Eye of the Hurricane"

It seems to me like after Christmas passes there is somewhat of a lull. Here we are caught in the middle of two of the most action-filled holidays of the year. It's similar to the eye of a hurricane. Most of us are recovering from the frenetic pace leading up to and including "The BIG Day," while others carry on with their lives; not yet bored of their newest "toys" or talking about their vacations. Most people are looking toward the new year and are already formulating a couple resolutions or planning what party they're going to attend. Some are hoping trials will end, while others are looking forward to new beginnings.

For me this time often includes quite a bit of introspection. I try to look at my life and evaluate where I'm at. Did I celebrate Christ's birth this past Christmas, or did I let worldly ideals prevail? Did I lead my family in a godly way this past year, or did I do things to cause them to wonder? Is my life glorifying God, or is it glorifying myself? What will I do different next year? Perhaps many of you go through a similar experience, so I'd like to offer some biblical advise…

Matthew 6:31-34 (NKJ)
“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

God's Word assures us that if we seek His Kingdom (having accepted Jesus as our Savior and striving to live a holy life), all things will work themselves out. We can trust this truth for our lives.

Blessings,
Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home