Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Psalm 3:3

Psalm 3:3 “But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head high.”

Psalm 9:9 – 10 “The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, have never abandoned anyone who searches for you.”

From “God’s Blogs” by Lanny Donoho:

“I know you get scared sometimes of what you can’t see... Like right now. No need. I’ve got your back. (And what’s coming at you, too.)”

The first time I read this blogjot, I cried. I do get scared sometimes of what I can’t see: the future, and the decisions I need to make that aren’t clear. I’ve written before that I have trouble knowing if going in a given direction is “stepping out in faith” or “stepping out in stupidity,” and my indecision leaves me in the status quo, feeling alone.

What I love about these psalms (and the blogjot) is the assurance they give us in our trouble. A shield is not necessary when there’s no trouble around. Jesus told us, “In this world you will have trouble” John 16:33. Then He said, “But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

God allows us to have times of oppression or trouble. He allows us to go through scary times when we can’t see what’s coming. But He doesn’t leave us abandoned. He is a shield all the way around us—He’s got our backs, and He’s got whatever is coming at us from the front too. He gives us shelter, refuge, and that shelter is in Him. Those of us who know His name trust in Him, and He lifts our heads high. What a blessing!

Is there trouble in your life right now, something scary that has you seeking a place to hide? Don’t fear. The Lord will never abandon you if you trust in Him. He is your shield, your glory, the lifter of your head. He’s got your back, and the rest of the way around too.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home