Thursday, January 26, 2006

Psalm 139:23

Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals." 34 Become right-minded and stop sinning, because some people are ignorant about God.

One of the quickest ways we start becoming lukewarm is when we start deceiving ourselves. We start by having revelations in the flesh. "The Bible says all things are lawful to me, therefore, it doesn't hurt if I drink just a little bit ." "I know my pastor says to stay away from R-rated movies, but this one isn't a big deal." "All those women dressing like nuns have just gone overboard. God doesn't care how I dress."

Then, you start gathering like minded people to yourself. If you can't find them in your congregation, you'll start looking for them elsewhere. And you'll find them. There will always be that one ignorant of God who will agree with you that you don't need to spend all that time at church. That pastor doesn't need to be asking you for money all the time. Before you know it, you are likely to deceive yourself right out of the church.

When you start getting frustrated with church, God to try your thoughts. Ask Him to reveal to you where you are being deceived. Ask Him to renew your mind and cleanse your heart. The stakes are high and the time is short.

In His Service,

For His Glory,

Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home