Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Romans 5:2-5

Romans 5:2 (CSB) Also through Him, we have obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, 4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. 5 This hope does not disappoint, because God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Romans 5:3 (KJV) And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Glorying in tribulation is a hard thing to do. We want our lives to be as easy as possible. No one wants a trial. We especially don't want one that we know is going to go on for awhile. However, as I and many other writers have mentioned before, when things are going smoothly in our lives we don't seem to have the same need for Jesus Christ.

When the storm hits, that's when our prayer time increases. We cry out to the Lord, search the Scriptures for comfort and lean on God to make it through. We ask our church and others for prayer. We look back on other trials (that's the experience) and see that they did eventually end. That experience does give us hope that this too, shall pass.

I am not happy about the current storm in my life. I'm certainly not happy knowing that a) It will get worse and b) it is still going to last at least 3 more months. However, I have had the experience of my daughter being a preemie as well. I have the hope that my granddaughter will end up as strong and healthy as my daughter did, and hopefully, I have the strength of character and endurance to be strong for everyone who depends on me. And I'm sure, when we look back on this 6 or 8 months down the road when the storm clouds have hopefully dissipated and the skies are bright and sunny, I will see what God has built in my life. And in the long run, that is what its all about.

Sincerely,

Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home