Monday, June 05, 2006

I Can Do It?

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

The verses above are from Philippians. I encourage you to read the entire book.

He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD. Deuteronomy 8:3

I, too often, on my own try and change things in my life. I, too often, on my on try to quit things I can't remember all the times I have tried to do things on my own and have failed. For years I smoked. I enjoyed it. After I gave my life to the Lord, I wanted to quit but couldn't. Every time I smoked I thought of the things that I was doing to my body. It scared me but I couldn't quit. My accountability partner and I prayed and prayed for years. Then one day I humbled my heart to the Lord and honestly came to Him and said, Lord I want to quit but can't quit on my own. Let smoking become undesirable to me. And ya know what? He did. I remember after I prayed that and I would smoke. I would feel sick. I would have to lay down. He made it so undesirable that I quit almost instantly and I never went back. That was a first for me on the "I'm going to quit smoking" path.

I am still learning that I cannot do things on my own but only through Christ who strengthens me. I encourage anyone who is trying to overcome something or get through something on their own to please stop what you are doing right now and humble your heart to the Lord and He will answer you. He will be found by you. When He does that mountain will be a lot easier to climb and by His grace and will, could be moved completely.

My prayer is that we will look to Him each and everyday from the smallest to the biggest things going on in our lives. The Word tells us that in "everything" be in prayer...to me that is saying, in everything talk to Him about it.

Max and Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home