Friday, June 16, 2006

Make Your Life Count

Matthew 7:12 “Not everyone who says to Me, “Lord, Lord,” shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.”

Titus 1:6 They profess to know God, but in their works (by their actions) they deny Him.

How do you make your life count for today and FOREVER? As I said yesterday, it took me over 20 years as a Christian to realize that God does not get any glory from my life if I am constantly walking in distress, defeat, and disobedience. As Joyce Meyer once said, “You can be pitiful or powerful, but you can’t be both!” The world is watching. Does your life look any better than theirs? If your God is so powerful, why aren’t you living at a higher level than unbelievers?

Those are tough questions I’ve been asking myself lately. I know I’ve gone through a lot that many people don’t have to go through, and I’ve experienced a lot of awesome victories through the power of God, not through my own abilities. But I have a burning desire to live at an even higher level.

Many Bible teachers are saying that a great wave of judgment is coming on our nation. Whether that is an indication of the end times or a consequence of our disobedience doesn’t really matter. What does matter is, are we ready for that wave of judgment? The Bible tells us in I Peter 4:17, “For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?” When it’s all over and we stand face to face with Jesus, will our lives have made a difference for Him?

The Lord has shown me that I need to do three things to prepare for this coming judgment and to make my life count for eternity:

1) To the best of my ability, walk in obedience to Him. Love what God loves, hate what God hates. Always be looking for opportunities to bless and minister to others in His name. (That’s what we’re here for, right?)

2) Confess victory at all times, not defeat. Don’t flinch, don’t slow down, and don’t let the enemy see my weaknesses or that he has hurt me. The same resurrection power that raised Jesus from the dead is living in me, and I need to constantly remind myself of that.

3) Settle it in my mind and heart that God’s word is true—for ME. SETTLE IT that I’m healed, that I’m prosperous, that I’m a new creation, that I’m more than a conqueror. Be SO SURE of God’s word that no one can talk me out of it any more than they can talk me out of breathing.

Make your life count. Strive to live at a higher level than ever before.

Cathleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home