Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Blessings - My Family

Greetings Brothers and Sisters in the Lord. Now that Christmas day has passed, it's easy to run down and think of all the things we had on "our wish list" but didn't receive. When I was younger, I always seemed to have a "let down" as I considered "the list". As I get older, I don't think about it as much because I have grown to realize how very blessed I am. So I'd like to share some of the things for which I am grateful. Perhaps these are things that weren't on your "list", but you're blessed to posses.

Job 29:18-19 (NLT) “I thought, ‘Surely I will die surrounded by my family after a long, good life. For I am like a tree whose roots reach the water, whose branches are refreshed with the dew.'"

Proverbs 8:31-32 (NLT) "And how happy I was with the world he created; how I rejoiced with the human family! And so, my children, listen to me, for all who follow my ways are joyful."

I realize my family's not perfect, but I love them very much. I have a 20 year old son and a 16 year old daughter. At times, I have trouble liking them, but I always love them. My wife and I are high school sweethearts. We've been together 29 years this New Year's Eve (the night I gave her my Ring). Recently my mother-in-law came to live with us…boy has this made things interesting. You know what, I'm blessed to have a wonderful family. My kids are kooks (the nuts don't fall too far from the tree--if you know what I mean). They have terrific (although at times very strange) senses of humor, and every adult who spends time with them tells me marvelous compliments about them. My wife is a saint (verified by the miracle that she has not killed our children during this teenage phase they're going through, and the fact that she's put up with me all these years). I know without a doubt that God brought us together for life. My mother-in-law's dementia provides many humorous interludes as she asks the same questions and makes the same comments within minutes of each other.

Are you blessed to have a loving family? Praise God for the many gifts He has given us.

Blessings,

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home