Monday, December 11, 2006

Ephesians 2:8 - 9

Breads for me are sharing what God is laying on my heart to share. Sometimes it is something He has shown me in the past and sometimes it is what is going on right now. Today’s bread is about what He has been revealing to me the last few weeks. Maybe more and maybe I’m just now getting it.

Many times we think if we are sitting comfortably in our homes in front of a warm fire and everyone is “good” then we have been blessed. And yes, I thank God many times for being able to do just that. Many times we think as long as we have a job, a home, a family, etc, then we have been blessed by God. And yes, I thank God many times for having those things in my life. Many times we think if we have a full day of kids, sports, family gatherings, church dinners, church gatherings etc, then we have been blessed by God. And yes, I thank God many times for those things. I can think of many more blessings that we look at as “good” blessings given to us by God. And thank You Lord for all those things. But what happens to us when trouble comes into our lives? How do we perceive others when trouble comes into their lives? And when trouble comes how do we perceive God?

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9.

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 1 Corinthians 6

71 It was good for me to be afflicted, so that I might learn your decrees. Psalm 119

5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. 7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. Psalm 139

2 "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. Job 42

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4:11

My prayer is that we seek God in all things. I pray that we seek His will for our lives and the lives of others. I pray that we look at life through God and His Word versus our understanding of things.

There are many times I thought something was a true blessing and it wasn’t, or was it?

Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home