Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Good News

Philippians 4:18-19
Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

--------------------

The day before I ministered to that young homeless couple, I checked my bank balance and realized I didn’t have enough money to cover the rent check that I had mailed two days earlier. Desperate, I called my 18-year-old daughter and asked if I could borrow $80 from her. As I drove the 20 minutes to her house, I cried all the way. “Lord,” I said, “You promised to supply all my needs. Why am I reduced to borrowing from my daughter?” I know what you’re thinking. You’re right—I completely failed in the faith department.

The good news is, that didn’t prevent God from blessing me anyway. When I got home that night, there was an unexpected check for $250 from my parents, another check for $135 in child support (which I thought I wasn't going to get anymore since my ex-husband lost his job) and $25 from a Christian sister "just because."

Isn’t that just like the Lord? Only He could know that I would need extra money to help that homeless couple the next day. But that wasn’t all He knew.

After I helped the homeless couple, I left the office to deposit the $80 back in my daughter’s bank account. The bad news is, got a flat tire on the way. The good news is, I was parked right across the street from a tire store and the owner himself came over and put my spare tire on for free.

The bad news is, after that my car wouldn't start, so I had to call the auto club to tow my car across the street to the tire store. The good news is, that gave me the chance to minister to the tow truck driver and another customer at the tire store.

The bad news is, it cost me $124 for one new tire plus a vacuum hose. The good news is, God had already supplied the money I needed for the extra expense.

When the Philippians sent gifts to help Paul, he promised that God would supply all their needs in return. When God opens a door of ministry to you, He will also supply money for that ministry, plus your other needs as well. That’s the REALLY good news!

Your in Christ,

Cathleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home