Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Blessings - My Job

Greetings Brothers and Sisters in the Lord. Have you started counting your blessings yet? I'd like to thank God for my job.

Proverbs 21:5 (NLT) "Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty."

Ecclesiastes 5:11-12 (NLT) "The more you have, the more people come to help you spend it. So what good is wealth—except perhaps to watch it slip through your fingers! People who work hard sleep well, whether they eat little or much. But the rich seldom get a good night’s sleep."

2 Timothy 2:15-16 (NLT) "Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth. Avoid worthless, foolish talk that only leads to more godless behavior."

Many of my peers tell me they wouldn't want my job. I provide 3rd level support for the Ops Management Reporting web site. In addition, I'm responsible for sending/supporting the FLWB reports for the company. I'm also the catch-all for many other types of support issues that come up and aren't part of my other teammates' job responsibilities. I'm a very busy person, and I have many days where I feel a bit overwhelmed by the amount of work I must complete. But I'll tell you what, this is one of the best jobs I've ever had (with the exception of being a stuntman -- it was fun, but it didn't pay enough). Anyway, my point is God has given me a means to support myself and my family's needs (and some of their wants as well).

Do you have the means to earn an income? Praise God for allowing me to work and feel good about what I do.

Blessings,

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home