Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Psalm 43:5

Psalm 43:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.

The following Wednesday, I was driving to a Bible study when I got a call from Sheri, the lady who offered to let me stay with her. She said, “Why don’t you come spend the night at my house after the Bible study.” I hesitated because it had been an emotional week for me (one year of being homeless), and I didn’t know if I could handle an unfamiliar situation. But she convinced me it was a good idea (and I didn’t have a good excuse!) so I accepted her invitation.

It was around 10 pm when I finally got there. Sheri’s house was breathtakingly beautiful. It’s in a gated community with a spectacular view. It’s one of the biggest houses I’ve ever been in—five huge bedrooms, three baths. And everything inside looks prettier than a model home.

After giving me the tour, Sheri said, “I’d like you to stay here, if you like. And I’d like to bring at least a few of your children here, too.”

I was speechless. She went on to explain, “The moment I left our lunch, right after I told you I didn’t want to bring your children here, the Lord told me, “Sheri, it’s the children, too!”

That night, as I went to sleep in my beautiful new room, I said, “Lord, this is so strange. I feel like Cinderella.” And I heard Him say, “Get used to it. This is how I WANT you to live.”

Are you feeling cast down or forgotten by God? Don’t ever stop hoping in Him. He WILL give you a reason to praise Him. How long will it take God to come through? I have a little insight on that, too. More tomorrow.

Cathleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home