Friday, March 18, 2005

John 10:10b

John 10:10b “‘I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.’”

I know that’s why He came, but lately I don’t feel very abundant. Work feels endless and less enjoyable than before. It feels as though my work and personal life are spinning out of control again. Not that I ever really had any control to begin with. It’s really just an illusion when we think we have a good handle on things.

The reality is that I have my job because the Lord is merciful in keeping me employed right now when my car needs some expensive work. It’s by His grace–and perhaps even miracles I don’t know about–that I get to work and back safely every day. He has given me two children, a comfortable home, and a little dog to take care of.

I have salvation. I have a wonderful church family. I have both of my parents still in good health and who I love dearly. I have my own health and a decent income.

As I look over this list, I see that I have all that I need and so much more. This is abundance. And Jesus came not only so I would have it, but also so I would be able to recognize it and to praise Him for His goodness.

How about you? In the midst of your trials and challenges, seek out the ways the Lord has blessed you in abundance. And let your heart be filled with thankfulness.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home