Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Feeding the Spirit within us…Hearing His voice

John 10: 3The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice." 6Jesus used this figure of speech, but they did not understand what he was telling them. 14"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

Genesis 16:13 She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her

Genesis 24:7 "The LORD, the God of heaven, who brought me out of my father's household and my native land and who spoke to me and promised me on oath, saying, 'To your offspring I will give this land'-he will send his angel before you so that you can get a wife for my son from there.

Jeremiah30:2 "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you. When I accepted God’s calling on my life I immediately began reading His Word. I began feeding the Spirit inside me. In order to know God, who is the same today as He was yesterday, we MUST read His Word. It is imperative that we “learn the Word”. It is imperative that we know His voice. If you cannot hear His voice, you cannot follow Him. God speaks to His people and His people know His voice. When you hear His voice you must follow Him.

Jeremiah 31:33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

I heard God’s voice and I didn’t listen. I knew I was being disobedient to His calling on my life. When I found out I had breast cancer, I took a long hard look at my life and knew that I had to make some serious changes in my life beginning with obeying His voice. I thank God for being so near to me. For His love and correction. I wouldn’t trade my life in Him for anything but looking at my life the last year, you may not have thought so.

I want to make clear that God “did not give me” breast cancer for my disobedience. However, He is using it for His purpose in my life. Amen!

Tomorrow I will talk about my sin, confession and the body. Dear Father, I pray that you give us the yearning to read Your Word and the yearning to hear Your voice. We know Lord that it isn’t enough to go to church and hear a 20 minute sermon and think that we have been fed. It is about reading Your Word and spending time getting to know You personally. There is nothing like it but yet we tend to make other things in our life a priority. Lord help us to draw closer to You. It is in Your Holy name we pray. Amen.

Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home