Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Psalms 4:3

Psalms 4:3 Know that the Lord has set apartthe faithful for Himself; the Lord will hear when I call to Him.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you" -[this is] the Lord's declaration-"plans for [your] welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.


Tuesday or Wednesday of last week, the fear and depression really started to get hold of me. I would talk to my daughter, tell her everything was all right, God's in control, yada yada, and then hang up the phone and cry. Talking to my pastor, I told him the hardest part was that I felt like I did not have much support at home and really felt like I was carrying the load by myself.

Not 10 minutes after I hung up with him I was walking through the lobby of my building and the owner of a little cafe came out to ask me how Angelica was doing and assure me she was praying for her. I had two or three different people drop me a one or two line e-mail that simply said I'm praying with you.

Friday morning Angelica crashed and had to be put on a ventilator. She did not even try to breath for several hours. She had to be given blood to replace all they were taking for tests and generally was not doing well at all. Our sectional Lady's Conference (which was being hosted at our church) was starting Friday evening and I was pretty frazzled when I got there. The speaker got up and her whole message was on her year old granddaughter who had been born early and with massive problems. Through much prayer and faith, they overcame every one of them and the little girl who was not supposed to walk, talk, see, or hear was shown on tape clapping her hands and praising the Lord, crawling across the floor and ba ba baing just like a normal one year old. As I was praying at the alter, one of my friends came up and said "You must feel pretty special that God would prepare a whole message just for you." I did.

God knows where you are today. He knows the plans He has for you and no matter how bleak the future looks, He has a plan to prosper you if you will just stick with Him. He knew that the message that had been a year in the making would be given at my church on the night I needed to hear it the most. Don't look at the storm today, look at the One who is master of the storm.

Sincerely,

Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home