Thursday, February 24, 2005

Psalm 13

Psalm 13

1How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
2How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
Having sorrow in my heart daily?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
3Consider and hear me, O LORD my God;
Enlighten my eyes, Lest I sleep the sleep of death.

Have you ever wondered why God doesn’t answer our prayers right away? Could something be going on behind the scenes that has nothing to do with us?

The Sunday after I moved in with Sheri, we stood up in front of my little church to share our testimony. Sheri said the Lord had first spoken to her about me back in October, when she was reading one of my Breads. At that time, Sheri said, “I disobeyed God. I told Him, ‘I don’t even know where she lives. She could live anywhere in the United States.’ But the next time Cathleen wrote the Breads, she said right there that she lived in Costa Mesa, and the Lord told me, “There goes your last excuse!”

Do you know what’s amazing? The first time I attended that little church was October 17, the same month the Lord first spoke to Sheri about me. That’s when I had to move out of the shelter at my previous church. All the women laid hands on me and prayed for me that day. One sister had a word from the Lord that He was going to provide a home for me and my children. I believed her. But then the weeks stretched into months, and still nothing from God. Had He forgotten me? Was it all just wishful thinking?

No, He was just working out all the details and putting everything into place. It reminds me of the story of a mom who was driving through a fast-food restaurant with her little girl. They had to wait several minutes for their order, and the little girl became impatient. “Mommy, what’s taking so long?” she asked. “Honey, we ordered a special burger with special sauce. Special things just take a little longer to make, and they’re worth the wait.”

That’s the important thing to remember.

Cathleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home