Friday, October 14, 2005

The Meal That Heals

I heard a preacher say about pastor's and the church...the pastor is to serve the congregation yes but they are not his master. I felt led to share that with you before I begin today's bread.

The Meal That Heals...This message will take several days to share. A very dear sister in Christ sent the book to me all the way from Texas. God has given her a gift when it comes to praying. When I found out I had breast cancer I immediately emailed her and asked her for prayer. It has been life changing for me. This lady has gone through breast cancer and is sharing with me what God has been sharing with her. It is funny how God brings people in our lives. His people. I believe God smiles when He sees us loving one another. God intended for the body to be powerful and united. My prayer is that brothers and sisters in Christ will become united not allowing satan to rip us apart. He loves it when we are against each other. He works hard at it.

The things I will be sharing came from this book “the meal that heals”.

Ø Atonement
Ø Carrying What We Do Not Need To Carry
Ø Biblical Methods of Healing Ø The Meal That Heals
Ø The Meal that Fills – Receiving Communion

Romans 10:17
So then, faith cometh by hearing and hearing the Word of God.

Atonement:
Isaiah 53:5 – I encourage you to read the full chapter. 4 Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

In this chapter the book speaks about a three part atonement.
Ø He was wounded for our transgression and bruised for our iniquity. This speaks of spiritual healing and is related to the forgiveness of sin.

Ø The chastisement of our peace was upon him. This speaks of emotional healing for the mind and soul.
Ø With His stripes we are healed. This refers to physical healing for the body.
No one knows how long we are going to be on earth but from Scripture given to us, we would assume that God intends for us to live a full life. Psalm 91:16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.

Some Scripture indicating that God blessed His people with a long life - Genesis 15:15, Judges 8:32, 1 Chronicles 29:28, Isaiah 46:4, Job 42:16-17, Psalms 90:10.

Matthew 10:8 - Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

1 Thes.5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When Christ died on the Cross He not only gave us eternal life but so much more. It is the will of God to keep our tri-part being (body, soul and spirit) preserved until such time that our life is complete or until Christ returns, whichever comes first.

Again I urge you to read Isaiah 53 and to be open to all that God has for us. Open the Word and begin the journey of learning the God of Love. He is just waiting to bless His people. What an awesome God we serve.

Healed – to restore to original purity. To make sound or whole.

Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home