Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sin – Confession – The Body…

2 Chronicles 6: 36 "When they sin against you—for there is no one who does not sin—and you become angry with them and give them over to the enemy, who takes them captive to a land far away or near; 37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, 'We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly'; 38 and if they turn back to you with all their heart and soul in the land of their captivity where they were taken, and pray toward the land you gave their fathers, toward the city you have chosen and toward the temple I have built for your Name; 39 then from heaven, your dwelling place, hear their prayer and their pleas, and uphold their cause. And forgive your people, who have sinned against you. 40 "Now, my God, may your eyes be open and your ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 41 "Now arise, O LORD God, and come to your resting place, you and the ark of your might. May your priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, may your saints rejoice in your goodness. 42 O LORD God, do not reject your anointed one.

Sin: Psalm66: 18If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
What is sin? Sin is anything we do against God, His Word and His calling. Yes we are sinners but that does not give us the license to outwardly sin AND THEN become comfortable in our sin. We as Christians need to get serious about the sin in our lives and the lives of our brothers and sisters. We are called to be a holy people. Exodus 22:31 "You are to be my holy people.

How seriously are you looking at sin in your life? Do you say, I am a sinner and there isn’t anything I can do about that or does your heart cry out to the Lord because you have sinned against him? Sin is serious. In the passage above it says “and if” they turn back to you. When you sin do you repent and beg for forgiveness? Do you turn back to him with all your heart and soul or know you will be doing the same thing tomorrow?

Confession and the body and how important it is to be surrounded by the body of Christ. Leviticus5:5 'When anyone is guilty in any of these ways, he must confess in what way he has sinned. Proverbs 28:13 He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

It is time for us to seriously look at the sin in our lives, confess, repent and turn back to God and have the body praying for us. So, today I am confessing my sin, repenting and turning back to God, (believe it or not, when we sin, we are turning away from God) and asking the body to pray for me. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. God has shown us over and over again that we need the body of Christ. Christ is the church and we are the body. We need their prayers. The word tells us to confess and pray for each other. So, I am confessing to you my sin: I am telling you my sin with a broken heart and a repentant heart...I have not been tithing, I do not have a church and I have disobeyed God's voice. I need your prayers. I need my brothers and sisters to lift me up to the Lord in the same way Solomon did in the passage above.

Dear Father, we need You and the body You have given us. Do not let us sin by not praying for one another. Let us begin to take prayer, talking to You more seriously than ever before. Do not let us sin by not confessing our sins to one another. We need each other Lord. I pray that You show each and everyone reading this bread to understand the importance of being surrounded by Your body and trusting Your body to become a holy people. Show each and every one of us that we need each other. Your word says to confess and pray for each other so that we may be healed. Lord, we want to be healed. We want to be holy. Please search our hearts and cleanse us from all sin. It is in Your name that we pray. Amen.

Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home