Monday, October 24, 2005

It's An Ideal Life - Contentment

Greetings Brothers and Sisters in the Lord. I pray you are in good health and growing in your relationship with the Lord. Many of are aware that last week the Powerball Lottery was up to a record $340 million. As you can imagine, many people stood in long lines for an opportunity to win such an enormous amount of money. I will admit that the lure was too much for me as well, but it caused me to think about some things. I wondered what it would be like to be completely content. I'm not talking about a, "Sure, I'm satisfied with my life" kind of contentment. I'm talking about a "I desire nothing but God's blessings in my life" kind of contentment. Can you imagine what that would be like? Think of what Paul said:

Philippians 4:11-12 (NASB)
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

Wouldn't be great to have this type of faith? Paul lived his life (after the road to Damascus) learning to trust God for everything in his life. He shares this text with us so we can learn to be content. They say the chance of winning Powerball is 1:146,000,000. I think we would all agree that's not very good odds. Trusting God and living the way He recommends means we win 100% of the time. Trust Him today.

Blessings,
Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home