Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It's An Ideal Life - Worthy

Greetings Brothers and Sisters in the Lord. As I continued to ponder a life of total contentment. I was drawn to consider what life would be like if we truly lived out God's will for our lives. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this. My guess is, many of you have traveled down this path as well. After all, it's quite appealing to allow our minds to visit a place that can ideally be called "heaven on earth". I know, it sounds like a cliché, but if everyone is living out what the Bible tells us to do, don't you think our relationship with God and with others would be like heaven? Read this verse and take just a moment to picture what this would be like:

Colossians 10:10-12 (NKJ)
That you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.

Some of you may've walked fully pleasing to God and know how this feels. I have had times in my life where I felt so close to God, it was like He was walking every step with me. I can recall the feeling of love and peace in my life, and I long for that feeling everyday. When we're in that place, God does strengthen us. We have power ('His glorious power') and joy that is not of our own making. We feel like we can do anything, but the great thing is that the things we want to do are the things God wants us to do. Can you imagine that? And what do you think your response would be? Yep, you couldn't help but give thanks to the Father and be grateful that He is willing to share with you the inheritance of the saints in light.

Praise be to Jesus; whose sacrifice makes this possible! Trust Him today.

Blessings,
Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home