Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A Familiar Voice…

“And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.” (Mark 13:20, KJV)

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one. (John 10:27-30,RSV)

“Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment. (John 5:28-29, RSV)

Two years ago I was sent with some of my peers to Dallas for training with a new subsidiary company. The trainer and I bonded immediately. Four days later when time came to depart, we both were sad and vowed to stay in touch. We did, at least for a couple months. You know “the rest of the story”: the hectic world of work life took over both of us and we lost touch. This morning I was surprised to find an email from my new friend and trainer! A welcomed voice from the past that immediately roused warmth and good feelings within me!

A Day is coming when everyone will hear Jesus’ voice. All other voices will be silenced. Like when we have sat in a crowded and noisy room humming with chatter and the leader screams, “Quite! Please!”---then there is the immediate deafening sound of silence. So will it be that day. Like the distracted student in the classroom, some will hear His voice despite the fact that they weren’t listening. For those, it will be the last time. They will go forward to spend eternity away from His presence as they chose to do.

Others will hear the warm voice they were desperately paying attention to amidst the surrounding chaos and distractions. They are the sheep who know His voice. They will go forward to spend eternity in His presence fulfilled beyond their wildest dreams! These are the sheep of His pasture.

Blessings Always in All Ways,

Steve
<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home